Acid Water Filters
Signs of Acid Water
It can be difficult to know if you have acidic water, but there are signs to look for around your home or business. If you notice any of these, you may have acid water:
- Green or blue stains on your bathroom fixtures
- Green or blue stains on the tiles of your shower floor
- Small pinhole leaks in pipes
- Fixtures or faucets that leak continuously or are corroded
What is Acid Water?
Homeowners who notice that their tubs and fixtures have picked up a strange blue or green hue may be dealing with what is known as “acid water.” As the name suggests, this occurs when water is acidic, meaning the water has a pH of less than 7.
Typically, water should have a pH balance of 7, which means it’s neither basic nor acidic. This water is safe to drink, cook with and bathe in, among other activities. Acid water may refer to water that is naturally unbalanced toward the lower side of the pH scale. While acid water is not necessarily unsafe, it may not be suitable for all uses.
Effects of Acidic Water
- Damage to faucets, fixtures and appliances
- Stains on bathtubs, sinks and toilets
- Harmful to your health
- Corrodes copper and other metal pipes, causing leaks
Benefits of Our Acid Filter
- Keeps harmful water out of your plumbing, fixtures and appliances
- Protects your home from possible leaking pipes
- Automatic operation /Self-cleaning
- Customization cleaning cycles
- Durable construction and easy maintenance
How Does an Acid Filter Work?
An Acid Filter is made with a special inner filtration system that reduces the acidity of the water fed into the top of the unit. Clean and pH neutral water is passed from the filter and into your home or business water system.
Once every four days or so, the system removes all of the accumulated impurities that collects inside the filter. This self-cleaning cycle is called “backwashing.” During the cycle, the media bed is cleaned, which flushes any sediment or other contaminants out of the filter. Once that cycle is over, the filter returns to regular operations.
The filtration system should be checked and replenished every so often (around every 6 months) to ensure maximum performance. Metro Water Filter will gladly perform this routine maintenance or we’ll even show you how to maintain your own filtration system. If you decide to perform your own maintenance, we’ll make sure you have all of the proper documentation.